Friday, January 15, 2010

SUBJECTS THIS SEMESTER

Now, I am Part 3. I had registered seven subjects to complete my registration course. The subjects that I had registered were English for Academic Purposes (BEL 311), Macroeconomics (ECO 211), Mandarin (BMD101), Fundamentals of Finance (FIN 262), Introduction to Statistics (QMT 216), Fundamental Islamic Economics (CTU 241) and Entrepreneur Walkabout 1 (HPD 118).

First, the subject is English for Academic Purposes (BEL 311). Our lecturer is Mr. Izuan. Last semester, Mr. Izuan was taught our class BEL 260. This subject is pre-requisite subject for BEL 260. We did not think that we can get the same lecturer again. Mr. Izuan also thinks the same just like us. About our BEL 311 lecturer, he look fierce but when we know him better, he just a nice lecturer. No wonder many people said that don’t judge the book by its cover. He is a tall and very educated man. My target for BEL 311 for this semester is I want to speak English fluently just like Mr. Izuan. BEL 311 is my favourite subject because I really like language subject. BEL 311 has 3 credit hours. So, I must do my best to get A+ for this subject.

Second, the subject is Macroeconomics (ECO 211). Macroeconomics is pre-requisite with Microeconomics that we take last semester. If we did not pass BEL 260, we cannot continue with BEL 311.Our lecturer for Macroeconomics is Miss Siti Nordiyana bt Isahak. She has a nice smile. She also likes to smile at us and very friendly person. She comes from Kelantan. Sometimes, she likes to speak kelantanese at us. My target for this semester is I want to get better result than ECO 162 last semester. I want to challenge myself to achieve improvement in ECO 211. Actually, I do not really like this subject. It is because I do not even take economics at all since me at secondary school. Now I realize that my weakness is lazy. I need to do a lot of exercises to excel in this subject. ECO 211 brings 3 credit hours.

Third is Mandarin (BMD101). My lecturer`s name is Mr. Lim Yoon Chong. He has the kind heart. He likes smile. We can easily get closer with him to talk about our problem in class. I was really excited to enter the Mandarin classes. It is because I really like language subject no matter what the language comes from what races. Furthermore, if we study the different language of races, it will form the concept of 1 Malaysia. My target for Mandarin is I want to achieve my goal of studying a new language. Of course I want A+ in my hand. Mandarin did not have the final examination. It will include only assessment. It will cover only listening and speaking test. Mandarin brings 2 credit hours.

Fourth, the subject is Fundamentals of Finance (FIN 262). Our lecturer is Madam Norsaliza. She always looks elegant, gorgeous and looks young. This subject look difficult but I want to try harder to achieve my target. My target is I want to get B+ on this subject. Fundamentals of Finance are the study about money. I want to make this subject to be one of my favourite subjects and try to make it as simple as possible. FIN 262 has 4 credit hours.

Fifth is Introduction to Statistics (QMT 216). Our lecturer is Professor Madya Ruhana. She likes our own mother because she likes to advice us about religion and reminds us about anything that we forgot. She has a nice smile. She also like to share their own beautiful moment while holiday with her family in the places like `Gunung Merapi’ and `Safari’, Jakarta. Besides teaching, she also not tired to advise us about our future. Otherwise, we must think deeply about what she was saying. She advise us to read `Surah Al - Mulk’ for our own benefit. My target for this semester is B+. QMT 216 has 3 credit hours. PM Ruhana also wrote the book that we use in the class. So, I absolutely confidence that she will help us to get A.

Sixth is Fundamental Islamic Economics (CTU 241). Our lecturer is Siti Aishah bte Sokhibul Fadil. She has a nice look. Her family is very close. So, every weekend her family does reunion. She is from Kuala Lumpur. It will take 2-3 hours to back home. About the book, it is very thick. So I will try to finished read the book on time. When we look at the subject, of course it can be one of my favourite subjects because I can learn about religion deeper. My target for this subject is to get A+. CTU 241 has 2 credit hours. I want to be like Ustazah Siti Aishah and polite with others.

Last is for co-curriculum. I have chosen Entrepreneur Walkabout 1 (HPD 118). It is a little bit interesting to study entrepreneur. Our lecturer is Madam Haida. Madam Haida look young and nice. She was explaining about the assessment just now. It was my first meet. The assessments are test 20 %, paper work 60% and attendance 20%. My target is I want to get A. It is quite tough because we have to sell the product at the audience. I will try my best to complete my last co-curriculum with flying colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment